Sounds like such a lame name for such a great idea, bucket list. Who made that up? I’ll have to think of a different name for it – list of dreams maybe… Hawaii Dream List? Yeah, that works.
I heard the term bucket list again yesterday as I watched this awesome video – and I thought I’d make one. I never have. At least I don’t remember having made one.
Here is my Hawaii Dream List – In no particular order. These are things I want to do in, and related to, Hawaii, before I die… Feel free to share your Hawaiian Dream List in the comments below…
1. Camp out at Bellows or Waimanolo Beach again – spending the weekend, cooking chunks of marlin, big shrimp, and shishkebobs on the grill. Bodyboarding all day and watching my family and friends have fun.
2. Bring my family to Hawaii: wife, daughter, mother-in-law, son, mom, brother, sister and all my nieces and nephews, so they could experience seeing the Hawaiian islands like I was lucky enough to.
3. Climb as many mountain peak trails as possible on all the islands. I can check off about 15 different peaks maybe, but there must be another 30 to do. I really enjoyed hiking up the mountains of Oahu, Maui, and Kauai over the years.
4. See Big Island for at least a month.
5. See volcanic lava meeting the ocean – while on a boat.
6. Ride more 8-10 feet Hawaiian sized waves.
7. Spend a couple of years in Hawaii when my daughter is at an age she can remember the islands… 7-9?
8. Walk Waimanolo or Bellows Beach after midnight and see the stars, feel the cool wind, and breathe the salty air with the one I love…
What about you? Did you ever make up a Dream List specific to Hawaii?
Want to Move to Hawaii?
Here it is, our updated book that describes everything you likely want to know about living in Hawaii.
How much? Just $4.99 through Amazon.